Rummy is a 13-card game, generally played between 2 to 6 players with two decks of cards. The players are required to make a valid declaration either by picking or by discarding the cards and arranging them in appropriate sets & sequences, in order to win. Playing rummy games online has become very easy with the availability of wide range of websites and mobile apps. Just do a few clicks on your device and you will be able to play the game.
Here’s how you can play the rummy card game online. To begin with, you need to download an online rummy app & then keep the below points in mind:
1. Click on the SIGN-UP button on the homepage.
2. Fill in the basic details like username, password, and email id.
4. Now click on the SIGN-UP button.
Type your username and password used at the time of registration.
Then click on SIGN IN.
With the help of practice chips, a user can take advantage of free rummy games. In order to play cash games and cash tournaments, the user has to deposit cash initially.
Steps to play Rummy
1. A toss is made at the start of the game and the first player is decided.
2. 13 cards are dealt to each player on the table.
3. First card is kept in the open deck and the remaining are placed in the closed deck.
4. Player can pick or discard cards according to their need.
5. One who arranges the 13 cards in valid sets and sequences first, abiding by all the rules, is the winner.
6. The player can declare the game at any moment by discarding the last card to the finish slot.
Key terms in Rummy
A pure sequence is an arrangement of three or more consecutive cards of the same suit with no use of a joker.
An impure sequence is an arrangement of three or more consecutive cards of the same suit with one or more joker.
A set is an arrangement of three or more consecutive cards of the same face value from different suits with or without the use of joker card.
A wild joker card is selected on a random basis. It is used as a replacement for another card.
Printed joker is also used for the same purpose as a wild joker. It has a joker printed on the card.
Points calculation in Rummy
Points are calculated during the time of gameplay and in the end, it’s the only point that declares the result.
1) Cards like Ace, king, queen, and jack each carry 10 points.
2) Joker cards carry 0 points.
3) Other cards carry points equal to their face value.
4) The First drop carries a loss of 20 points
5) Middle drop carries a 40 point deduction.
6) Wrong declaration carries a loss of 80 points.
7) If a player fails to form 2 sequences, then the value of each card is added and 80 points are capped.
8) If the player manages to form 2 sequences including pure sequence, then the value of cards apart from the sequence is calculated.
9) If the player fails to play for 3 consecutive chances, then it is considered as a middle drop and 40 points are deducted.
10) If the player leaves the table but after picking up a card from closed-deck then it is considered as a middle drop. But if the player doesn’t pick any card, then it is calculated as the first drop and according to the drops, the points are accounted for it.
MyTeamRummy is a very user-friendly platform where you can play rummy with very low fees. The steps to install and register for the games are very easy and anybody can do it with no extra effort. Also, it offers you a number of rewards and prizes that can be a good income for you. MyTeamRummy has very good graphics, you literally feel like sitting in a casino.